Congratulations, you are about to start using Arsenal to get some great shots!
What You’ll Need
A Smart Phone
Arsenal will support any iPhone or iPod Touch running iOS 10.0 or newer, and any Android phone running Nougat (7.0) or newer.
A Supported DSLR or Mirrorless Camera
Before you start setup...
To help your first experience with Arsenal go smoothly, we strongly recommend the following:
- If possible, start with a blank memory card in your camera. This will improve the Arsenal app's initial performance.
- Fully charge your camera's battery. (Many cameras disable USB devices when the battery is low.)
- Fully charge your Arsenal before use (USB Standard to Micro USB should have been provided). To ensure it is fully charged plug the charging cable into the right hand port on the Arsenal, the same side as the power button. You will see an amber light illuminate to indicate it is charging. Once it goes out this will indicate that the Arsenal is fully charged.
- If your camera is WiFi enabled, please disable it for use with Arsenal. This can confuse your phone when it switches between Arsenal's network and your home WiFi.
Download the App:
To download the app, open your phone’s app store and search for "Arsenal Remote” or "Arsenal Camera"
US customers can also follow the links below. These may not work for users in other countries.
- For US iPhone users: Arsenal Remote in the iTunes App Store
- For US Android phone users: Arsenal Remote in the Google Play Store
Mount Arsenal to your Camera or Tripod
Attach your Arsenal device to your camera. The easiest way to do this is by using your camera’s hot shoe:
- Hold the device so that the Arsenal lettering is on top and facing you when you’re behind the camera.
- Line up Arsenal’s “foot” behind your camera’s hot shoe (the metal slot on top of the camera).
- Slide Arsenal into the hot shoe.
Connect Arsenal to your camera’s USB port
Use the included curly USB camera cable to connect Arsenal with your camera:
- Plug the rectangular end of the cable into the port on the left side of Arsenal with the “teeth” facing the floor.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the USB port on your camera.
IMPORTANT: Only Arsenal’s left USB port (opposite side from the power button) can talk to your camera. Be sure to connect your camera to Arsenal’s left side.
If you have trouble with your camera cable, see camera cable troubleshooting.
Link Arsenal with your phone app
Next, you’ll link Arsenal with your phone app so it can control your camera and send updates to your device.
- Turn on your camera.
- Set your camera dial to Aperture Priority Mode
- Turn on your Arsenal device by briefly pressing and releasing the power button. You’ll see a small green light turn on.
- Open the Arsenal app on your phone.
If you’re using an Android phone, select “Get Started” and then select “Connect”.
If you’re using an iPhone running iOS 13 or newer, select “Get Started” then select “Add New Arsenal”. When prompted to “Join arsenal-adjective-noun-number” tap “Join”.
If you’re using an iPhone running iOS 11 and 12, please follow these steps.
- Open your phone’s Settings app and connect to the network named ‘arsenal-adjective-noun-number’
- Open the Arsenal Remote app
- When prompted, go back to Settings and ‘Forget Network’
If you have trouble linking your phone to Arsenal, see app and phone troubleshooting.
You’re ready to start shooting with Arsenal!
The app is pretty intuitive so feel free to dive in. Or, check out our other how to articles: