(Sony A7iii, A7Riii, and Sony A6400)
How to configure your Sony camera settings to work with Arsenal
Sony cameras require some one-time settings configuration to work well with Arsenal. These instructions vary by camera model.
Instructions for Sony A7iii, A7Riii, and Sony A6400
Follow the steps in this video for A7iii, A7Riii, and A6400 cameras. You'll use the USB cable provided with your Arsenal. For these cameras you will want to plug the USB into your camera’s “multi” port.
Troubleshooting tips: if you receive an error when connecting, double check that your camera is set to "USB Connection,” not "Mass Storage.” Also make sure your camera is set to Aperture priority mode.
Camera Settings to connect with Arsenal:
- Ctrl w/Smartphone set to: OFF
- Always connected set to: OFF
Quality/Image Size1 Menu:
- File Format set to: JPEG or RAW + JPEG
Setup 4 menu:
- USB Connection set to: PC Remote
- USB Power Supply set to: OFF
- PC Remote set to: Still Img.
- Save Dest. set to: PC+Camera
AF 3 menu:
- PRE-AF set to: OFF
Dial on top of the camera Sony A7iii and Sony A7Riii:
- Exposure Compensation set: Dial to "0"
- AF w/shutter set to: ON
Now you are ready to connect to Arsenal!
Attach Arsenal to your camera
Mount Arsenal to your camera's hot shoe:
- Hold the device so that the Arsenal lettering is on top and facing you when you’re behind the camera.
- Line up Arsenal’s “foot” behind your camera’s hot shoe (the metal slot on top of the camera).
- Slide Arsenal into the hot shoe.
Connect Arsenal to your camera
Use the included curly camera cable to connect Arsenal with your camera:
- Plug one end of the cable into the port on the left side of Arsenal.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the Multi-port on your camera
Open the Arsenal App
- Click Connect
- Join the Arsenal Network
The app should then connect to your camera. You are ready to start using Arsenal!
If you are still having trouble connecting after following the camera setup steps, please contact Customer Support.