(A5000, A5100, A6000, A6300, A6500, A7, A7r, A7s, A7ii, A7Rii, A7Sii)
How to configure your Sony camera settings to work with Arsenal
Instructions for 1st and 2nd generation Sony Cameras:
Arsenal controls these Sony cameras via the Sony PlayMemories “Smart Remote Control" app over WiFi. If you see “Smart Remote Embedded” please see (here) to update.
To configure this connection, follow the steps in this video:
To connect to Arsenal wirelessly:
- Select Smart Remote Control App on your camera
- Push the trash can on your camera to retrieve your camera’s Password
- Turn on the Arsenal Device
- Hit connect
- When you see the “Camera Not Detected” screen click “SETUP A NEW SONY CAMERA” button
A screen for you to enter the password from your camera will pop up
- Enter the password
- Click Connect
After the first time setup and connection, Arsenal should remember your camera's network name and password and connect as soon as it sees the network.
Reminder: You will need to start the Sony PlayMemories Smart Remote app on your camera each time you want to connect to Arsenal. Your camera should be set to Aperture Priority mode to make the initial connection.
Additional note: If you have two-factor authentication enabled on your Sony Entertainment, you'll need to disable this setting:
- Visit the Sony Account Management site
- Go to the Account tab and select Security
- In the 2-Step Verification section, select Edit next to Status and choose "Deactivate"