Updating Smart Remote Control
To update your Smart Remote Control on your camera:
Open the Application Menu:
- Open PlayMemories Camera Apps
- Network settings
- Access Point Set
- Select your Home Wifi - Enter Home Wifi password
Once connected your camera app store will appear:
- Select the Smart Remote Control Update Icon
- Hit Update
IMPORTANT: Arsenal requires the Smart Remote Control App if you are seeing the Smart Remote Embedded (pictured below) you will need to update to the Smart Remote control instead.
If the Smart Remote Control app is installed and is older than version 4.30 please continue through these instructions.
Sign into your Sony Account:
If you do not have one you can create one at: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com)
Reminder: If you have two-factor authentication enabled on your Sony Entertainment, you'll need to disable this setting:
- Visit the Sony Account Management site
- Go to the Account tab and select Security
- In the 2-Step Verification section, select Edit next to Status and choose "Deactivate"
After you have signed into your account the update will run.
You will then see an Installation Successful screen:
- Select Used Installed Application
- Choose Smart Remote Control
- Push the Trash Can button on your camera
- Write down the password shown on the screen
Turn on Arsenal Device and open Arsenal App:
- When the app presents “Camera not Detected” screen, select “Setup a new Sony camera”
- Enter the password from the camera into the Arsenal app when prompted for Sony WiFi password.
- Press connect
If you are still having trouble connecting after following these steps, please contact support.