The following instructions are for copying a firmware update to your Arsenal via USB using a Mac computer. We recommend trying to update Arsenal from your mobile phone and your computer's WiFi before trying this approach.
If you have a PC, see the companion article for updating firmware over USB from a Windows PC.
Download the latest firmware:
- Open a browser, enter the following address, and press Enter: https://witharsenal.com/firmware
- Download the latest firmware package for iOS or Android.
Upload it to your Arsenal:
- Restart your Arsenal.
- Connect the Charging USB Cable to the Charging Port on your Arsenal.
- Connect the other end of the Charging USB Cable to an open USB port on your computer.
- On your Mac, open System Preferences (found under the menu).
- Select Network.
- Select the RDNIS/Ethernet Gadget from the list on the left.
- Configure the device with the following settings: Configure IPv4: Manually, IP Address: 10.0.0.3, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Click Apply.
- The device will now show that it is Connected.
- In your web browser, enter the following address and press Enter: http://10.0.0.1:49384
- The following webpage will appear:
- Select “Choose File” and browse to the firmware file you downloaded. This will likely be in your Downloads or Desktop folder. Do not unzip the file you downloaded; simply upload the zip file.
- Select “UPLOAD”. The file will begin copying to your Arsenal.
- After the copy is complete, the webpage will state “REBOOTING”.
- The Blue LED Bar will fully illuminate.
Wait 15 to 20 minutes for the firmware update to install. You’ll know it's complete when the Blue LED Bar animates and turns off.
- Reboot your Arsenal and see if it is broadcasting an “arsenal” WiFi network.
Firmware update troubleshooting
If your Arsenal device does not work after applying a firmware update, please refer to the Recovery Mode article.
If you're still having difficulty, contact our support team. We'll help you get up and running!