The following instructions are for copying a firmware update to your Arsenal via USB using a Windows computer. We recommend trying to update Arsenal from your mobile phone and your computer's WiFi before trying this approach.
If you have Mac, see the companion article for updating firmware over USB from a Mac.
Download the latest firmware:
- Open a web browser on your PC and go to https://witharsenal.com/firmware
- Download the latest firmware version for your brand of phone. You may need to right-click the button and choose "Save Link As..." for your browser to save the zip file rather than trying to open it.
Upload it to your Arsenal:
- Restart your Arsenal.
- Connect your Arsenal to an open USB port on your computer using the provided Charging USB Cable.
- On your computer, open the Control Panel.
- Select Network and Internet.
- Select Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change adapter settings.
- You should see an Ethernet connection with RNDIS in the description (see figure below), right-click it and select Properties.
- After the Properties Window opens, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), then select Properties. Refer to the figure below.
- After the IPv4 Properties Window opens, select Use the following IP address, and enter the IP Address and Subnet Mask as shown in the figure below.
- Select OK in the IPv4 Properties Window.
- Select OK in the Properties window.
- In your web browser, enter the following address and press Enter: http://10.0.0.1:49384
- The following webpage will appear:
- Select Choose File. Browse to and select the firmware file your downloaded. This will likely be in your Downloads or Desktop folder. Do not unzip the file you downloaded; simply upload the zip file.
- Select UPLOAD. The file will immediately begin copying to your Arsenal.
- After the copy process is complete, the webpage will state “REBOOTING”. The Blue LED Bar will fully illuminate. Wait 15 to 20 minutes for the firmware update to install. You’ll know its complete when the Blue LED Bar animates and turns off.
- Reboot your Arsenal and see if it is broadcasting an “arsenal” WiFi network.
Firmware update troubleshooting
If you're still having difficulty, contact our support team. We'll help you get up and running!